Monday, September 30, 2024

September 30

 Charles McMillan Ford married Elizabeth Renew Manley 30 September 1877

Charles Ford was a brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

I don't have a picture of Renew Manley. Here is what my dad wrote about her in his memoirs:

Charles McMillan Ford was born 15 June 1855 in Southfield, Orange County, New York, and died in 1914 in Red Lodge, Montana. He married Renea Manley in 1877. Renea (pronounced by the family Ra-noo) was an artist. She died in 1892 and he married Effie V Harvey 11 October 1893. 

[Her FindAGrave memorial states and spells her name as Elizabeth Renew Manley Ford. Her gravestone says Renew E., wife of Chas. Ford.]

* * *

Elizabeth Evans Anderson died 30 September 1919, age 79

Elizabeth was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Jane Evans Carter
PHOTO: Ned Jonas Carter and Jane Evans Carter.

PHOTO: Elizabeth Evans (left) with her mother Sarah Bishop Evans (right). The girl is Elizabeth's daughter, I assume.
PHOTO: Elizabeth Evans Anderson and her daughter Rosetta. 
(She had another daughter, Sarah, and two sons, that I know of.)

Elizabeth was married to John Anderson, who fought in the Civil War.
I believe this is the oldest of the family photographs that I have.

* * *

James Patrick Hombs married Nicole Elizabeth Nuchia 30 September 2000
PHOTO: James Patrick Hombs, son of Jerry Hombs.
Jerry was the son of Juanita Burford Hombs, sister of my grandfather Lester Burford.
I didn't have a picture of Nicole Nuchia Hombs, but I looked her up on Facebook!
Jimmy and Nicole ('Niki') Hombs with their sons Braden and Brock.

Niki is a professional photographer, apparently.

* * *

Lora Modena Jane Betts was born 30 September 1894

PHOTO: Albert Betts family. Sarah Caroline was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.