Tuesday, September 24, 2024

September 24

Katherine Louise 'Kate' Ford Adams died 24 September 1953, age 92


Kate was a sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

Kate married George Adams.

Here's a composite of Aunt Kate and Uncle George in their old age
This was cropped from a group photo:
L-R: George Adams, Christie Thomas, Bill Thomas, Richard (my dad, in front of Bill), Kate Adams (front), Harry Wieland (back). The two people on the right are "Mabel and Bill S" -- I don't know who they are, that's just what's written on the back of the photograph.

I have this photo that is labeled "Kate Ford 2wife sister"
I'm not sure if this is Aunt Kate or not -- even though I'm the one who labeled it -- nor do I remember where I got the picture. It's not one that I have in hard copy. It looks like some of the pictures I downloaded from the Bangor Historical Society website, but I can't find it there now. It was taken at Fredricks photography in New York City, in 1891. The Ford and Thomas families did migrate from New York to Michigan, so that would make sense. So... maybe this is Aunt Kate, and maybe not. If so, she would have been 30 years old at the time the picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.