Thursday, September 19, 2024

September 19

Twins Obie Geneva and Opie Harriet Arnold were born 19 September 1917 in Banner, Cleburne County, Arkansas. Obie and Opie were cousins of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. They were born just a month after she was. 

Y'all remember Uncle George Arnold, right? Obie and Opie were some of "Uncle George's girls"
PHOTO: Uncle George and Aunt Jessie with their first 5 (of 8) children - (L-R) Amos, Opie and Obie, Wilma, and Arbie.


I don't know how to tell Opie and Obie apart, so I never know if I have labeled the pictures correctly or not. I heard grandma (Cleffie) talk about Opie and Obie all my life, and I finally got to meet them at some of the annual Carter/Arnold family reunions.

1985

1990

* * *
George Arnold was a brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks.
Arnold siblings L-R: George, Annie, John, Marlie, Etta

Uncle Marlie and Aunt Birdie also had a baby girl in 1917 -- Sylvia, who was born May 31. These four cousins were close in age and close friends, too.
PHOTO: Sylvia, Opie and Obie, Cleffie


PHOTO: Sylvia, Cleffie, Opie and Obie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.