Wednesday, September 18, 2024

September 18

Arvil Franklin 'Jack' Barnett died 18 September 1992, age 86

Jack was the husband of Ruby Hicks (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)



* * *

Charlotte Viola Sandefur married William Ralph Solomon 18 September 1928 
Viola was a cousin of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford.

PHOTO: Viola Solomon, Cleffie Hicks Burford, 1976.
Viola's mother, Nancy Ellen Hicks, and Cleffie's father, Ulysses Hicks, were sister and brother.

* * *

Gerald Wayne Burford died 18 September 2005 

Jerry was the son of Bernice and Dorothy Burford.

PHOTO: Jerry Burford

* * *

Geraldine E Thomas married Leroy Herman Roberts 18 September 1993 
This was the only picture I had of Jerry and Lee from the family photo archives. 
The ones below I got from her Facebook page.


Jerry is the daughter of Mel and Alta Thomas. Mel was a brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

* * *

John Edward Garrett died 18 September 2003, age 83 
Ed was the husband of Verlie Arnold Garrett.
Verlie was a daughter of George Arnold (brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks)

* * *

Ruth Iwana Carter Hodges died 18 September 2012, age 88
Ruth was a daughter of John Martin Carter.
John was a brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

PHOTO: Ruth Carter and Cleffie Hicks Burford (cousins), 1990

Ruth married Clarence Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.