Saturday, September 21, 2024

September 21

Charles H Thomas married Nancy Ford 21 September 1879

This is a composite that my mother created from two separate photos of Charles and Nancy.

Charles and Nancy Ford Thomas were my great-grandparents, parents of Bill Thomas.

PHOTO: Nancy (left) and Charles (right) Thomas. The two boys in front are Mel and Bill (my grandfather). The woman in back is their sister Renue. The old man in the middle is Nancy's father William Ford. The little girl, Georganna, is a grandchild -- the daughter of Roy Thomas (not pictured). The man in the white hat is Wilsie -- a nephew of William Ford, who was visiting from New York. 



* * *

Glynda Faye Carter was born 21 September 1939

Glynda is the daughter of Ned Jackson Carter. 
Ned was a son of John Martin Carter.
John Martin Carter was a brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.
(So that makes Glynda my 1st-cousin-twice-removed ... or something like that.)

Glynda has extensively researched the Carter branch of our family tree, and has been an invaluable source of information (and pictures!) for my mother and me.

* * *

James Edward 'Jamie' Bloom Burford was born 21 September 1967

Sean Michael Bloom Burford was born 21 September 1969

Jamie and Sean are adopted stepsons of my uncle Ron Burford (my mother's brother).

PHOTO: Ron and Beth Burford with Jamie, Sean, and Ronnie.

* * *

Whitney Michelle Anderson was born 21 September 1993

PHOTO: Bridgett and Randy Anderson, Derek, Whitney, Dalton.
Randy Anderson is the son of June Barnett and Bill Anderson.
June is a daughter of Irene Hicks (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)

* * *

William McClellan 'Mack' Herdman died 21 September 1945, age 80
PHOTO: Mack and Laura Herdman and Mabel.
I don't know who Mable is... maybe their daughter?
The Herdman family is related to the Treat branch of our family tree by marriage.
(And for some reason I ended up with a whole bunch of pictures of various Herdman relatives.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.