Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 25

Josiah Gregory Miller married Evaline Watkins 25 September 1861

PHOTO: Josiah Gregory Miller
I don't have a photograph of Mrs. Miller. I have this drawing of the two of them, from my dad's family history records:

The Miller family were prominent early settlers in Bangor, Michigan. 

The Miller family is connected to the Thomas family by the marriage of Dale Miller to Alice Ford.
Dale Miller was a half-brother of Josiah Gregory Miller.
Alice Ford was a sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

Dale and Alice Ford had a son named John Cleveland Miller.
PHOTO: Giulie and John Cleveland Miller

John and his wife Giulielma had three sons - Jerry, Preston, and Allan. 
PHOTO: Jerry, Allan, Preston Miller

Giulie died when Allan was born and he was raised by my great-aunt and uncle Harry and Effie Thomas Wieland. (Effie was a sister of my grandfather Bill Thomas.)
PHOTO: Effie and Harry Wieland with Allan Miller.
PHOTO: Allan Washburn Miller

* * *

I have a picture that is unlabeled (a whole bunch of them, actually) that I believe might be John and Giulie Miller -- when I compare it to the earlier photograph, above ...


I don't have any way of knowing whether it is really them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.