Monday, May 01, 2023

On This Day in Family History - May 1

 Albert Franklin Williams was born 01 May 1876


Albert was the husband of Charlotte Hicks ("Aunt Tot")
Charlotte was a sister of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks
Photo L-R: Ulysses and Annie Hicks, Charlotte and Albert Williams

Uncle Albert and Aunt Tot had five children - Earl, Tom, Dorothy, Dona, and Charlene. Dona and Charlene died in childhood and I don't know anything about them. Dorothy died at age 4 as a result of being struck by lightning. (There's a whole sad story about that, but I've told it before and don't really want to rehash it today. You can find it in the blog post for February 15, 2023, and in my book "The Woods is Full of 'Em" -- available on Amazon.

I only have pictures of one of their children - Tom:
Photo: Thomas Henry Williams

What's written on the back of the picture: "Tot and Albert's house near Big Four. They ran a little store in the front part of it." (Cleffie's handwriting) I don't know who the little girl is, standing next to Uncle Albert on the porch. (I wish I knew whether or not it could have been one of their daughters.)

*   *   *

Albert Franklin Williams died 10 August 1960, age 84. 
Charlotte died 20 January 1956, age 76. 
They are buried in Providence Cemetery, Judsonia, Arkansas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.