Monday, May 08, 2023

On This Day in Family History - May 8

 Anna Laura Helterbran Herdman was born 08 May 1874

She was the wife of William McClellan Herdman.


Funny thing about the Herdman family -- They are only tangentially related to us by the marriage of Belle Treat to Ulysses Grant ('Les') Herdman. I never met Ulysses, but I did go with my grandparents to visit Aunt Belle in Ohio a few times.

Photo: Les and Belle Herdman

 Belle was a sister to my great-grandfather Marcus Treat.
Photo: Marcus and Belle Treat (Herdman)

As far as I know, there aren't any other connections between our family and the Herdman family. But for some reason I have a bunch of pictures of various Herdmans. Because of that, I've spent some time tracking down the identities and relationships between all the folks in the Herdman pictures -- so I ended up with a BUNCH of information about this family. 

Instead of trying to sort it all out, I'm just going to post the pictures --







 
Alvero Milton Herdman

*   *   *
Those are all the pictures I got from my dad's collection of family pictures.

Here are some I've collected from FindAGrave website in the process of identifying various Herdman family members --












Don't even ask me to try to figure out who's who, and how they are related. It makes my head numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.