Wednesday, May 17, 2023

On This Day in Family History - May 17



 Jesse Burton Burns married Elizabeth Angeline Wylie 17 May 1865

I think I posted about these same people not long ago, but since then I've fallen into a rabbit hole with these Burns relatives... ancestors of the Hicks branch of the family tree. (Through John Henry Hicks' wife Malisa Burns - my great-great-grandmother.)

Photo: Angeline and Jesse Burns


Photo: John Henry and Malisa Burns Hicks


I just discovered that many of the Burns ancestors are buried right here in Alabama. So I'm trying to track down as many of them as I can so Alan and I can go try to find the cemeteries where they are buried and find their graves. (Between FindAGrave and FamilySearch websites, there is an overwhelming amount of information to sift through.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.