Monday, May 22, 2023

On This Day in Family History - May 22

 Robert Neil Burford was born 22 May 1941

Uncle Bob is my mother's brother.

My mom and her siblings always managed to be born on the same day as one of their aunts. They had 10 aunts -- 5 on their mother's side (Cleffie) and 5 on their dad's side (Lester).

Bob was born on Aunt Ruby's birthday.
Ruby was Cleffie's sister.

Morris was born on Aunt Evalee's birthday.
Evalee was Cleffie's sister.

My mother (Wathada) was born on Aunt Judy's birthday.
Judy was Lester's sister.

Uncle Ron was the youngest of the 4 siblings. He wasn't born on the birthday of any of their aunts. He was born on (well, almost -- actually the day before) Wathada's 8th birthday. He was her birthday present. That's an undisputed fact in our family. He was her baby, and that's all there was to it. They were very close all his life. (He died young, in a car accident.)  

1 comment:

  1. What a nice job on this one. I love it. Lots of pictures I've never seen. - Becky

    ReplyDelete

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.