Friday, September 24, 2021

September 24

MEMORIAL TO...

Kate Ford Adams 1861-1953


Kate Ford Adams was the sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

Kate married George Adams 12 December 1880.

Kate and George did not have any children. I always heard them called "Aunt Kate" and "Uncle George" as they were closely associated with the Thomas family. They lived with my great-aunt Effie Thomas Wieland in their later years.

Photo: L to R - George Adams, Christie and Bill Thomas, Richard (in front of Bill), Harry Wieland in back, Aunt Kate in front. The other two people are "Mabel and Bill S" according to what's written on the back of the photograph. I've no idea who they are.


Photo: Alice Ford Miller, Preston Miller, Kate Ford Adams. Alice was Kate's sister. Preston was Alice's grandson.

Photo: Kate Ford Adams
 
This is probably the oldest photo I have of Aunt Kate and Uncle George. I don't know who the rest of the people are, nor when/where the picture was taken. And I don't know who wrote "Kate & George" on the picture, but I'm glad they did.

Aunt Kate and Uncle George are buried in Arlington Hill Cemetery in Bangor, Michigan



No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.