Tuesday, September 14, 2021

September 14

What I do for fun:

ANNIVERSARY...

Dulcie Mae Jackson married Earl Lavane Nicholson 14 September 1946

I don't have a picture of either of them. Dulcie was the daughter of Etta Lee Arnold and Ben Jackson


Earl Nicholson was the son of Tom and Kizzie Massey Nicholson

According to our family records, 14 September 1946 is the day Dulcie Mae Jackson married Earl Lavane Nicholson. I was able to verify this on the Family Search website.

This is (supposedly) the official Arkansas marriage record. (However, the 'signatures' of Dulcie and Earl are in the same handwriting as whoever wrote the rest of the info on the page.)

According to the Find A Grave website, they were married on 10 November 1943. That date is found on two different memorials for Dulcie -- one of which has her buried in a cemetery in Oregon, and the other has her buried with Earl in Pine Grove cemetery in Arkansas. Those two memorials were put on the website by two different people. Both of them have a photo of her gravestone...


I'm confused....
Dulcie died in Oregon, according to our family records. But was she buried at Pine Grove? Or not?
And did she marry Earl in 1943 (at age 15)? Or 1946 (at age 18)? Their first child was born in 1947, so I'm guessing the September 1946 date is correct.

Earl and Dulcie Mae Nicholson had three children: Carlos, Lynn, and Edith. Carlos died in 2005 in Oregon (according to the Social Security Death Index), Edith died in 2007 in Oregon (I have her obit).

Well, these are the problems that you run into when you start to trace family history. It keeps me busy, and keeps me off the streets, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.