Monday, September 06, 2021

September 06

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Omer Allen Miller 1865-1949

Omer Miller was the son of a prominent pioneer of Bangor, Michigan, Josiah G. Miller, and his wife Eveline Watkins Miller.

Photo: Josiah and Evaline Watkins Miller

Photo: Omer Allen and John James Miller, sons of Josiah G. Miller

Josiah Gregory Miller

Omer Miller married Alta Robinson
Photo: Alta Robinson Miller

Omer and Alta had at least one child that I know of: Max Josiah Miller.
Omer's brother John James Miller married Pearl A Snyder, and they had at least two children that I know of: Margaret Frances Miller and J. Duane Miller.
Photo: John J and Pearl Snyder Miller (left), daughter Margaret Frances (front). Don't know the other two people -- possibly Pearl's parents.

Photo: J. Duane Miller (left) and Max Josiah Miller (right)

These photos are from the Bangor [Michigan] Historical Society Museum website.

The Miller family is tangentially related to our family in that Alice Ford married Dale Miller, who was a brother of Josiah G. Miller. Alice Ford was a sister of Nancy Ford who married my great-grandfather Charles Thomas. The Ford and Miller families play a significant role in our Thomas family history. Another sister of Alice and Nancy -- Kate Ford -- married George Adams. Growing up, I heard 'Aunt Kate and Uncle George' mentioned in conversation frequently, although I don't believe I ever met them. The Ford family became more closely associated with the Hartford community than Bangor. I have a lot of very interesting historical information about both the Ford and Miller families, but I won't bore you with it today. (You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.