Thursday, September 09, 2021

September 09 - Progression of an obsession

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I got sidetracked while updating the family history roster. There are over 2000 names on it! (I'm SO glad I learned how to use Excel to make spreadsheets!)

BIRTHDAYS/ANNIVERSARIES/MEMORIALS:


MASTER FAMILY HISTORY ROSTER:

The pictures Mom gave me four years ago. 2017:





2018-2019:


2020-2021

ALBUMS:

Annie & Ulys and their nine children

Annie & Ulys progeny (all the kids, grandkids, great-grands, etc. of the nine Hicks siblings)

Other Arnold/Carter/Hicks relatives

Thomas family photos

Treat family photos

Burford relatives

Lester & Cleffie and their progeny

Red & Wathada and their progeny

Dianne & progeny

Reunions

Watervliet house (Sutherland - where Mom & Dad retired)

Square photos (remember when Kodak photos were square, black & white, with crinkled edges?)

5 x 7 photos

8 x 10 photos

larger than 8 x 10 photos (in a 12 x 12" scrapbook)

and two albums full of "Leftovers"

That does not count the albums I already had full of pictures before 2017. Altogether I have 45 photo albums full.

I also have a small photo album full of postcards -- real postcards, sent through the mail, with writing on the back, and stamps - back to when stamps were 1 cent! (I think the oldest postcard I have is one that Ulys sent to Annie before they were married. They were married in 1910.)

I also have a 3 ring binder recipe book filled with hand-written family recipes on large index cards that my mom gave me as a wedding gift in 1977.

I also have 10 decorative boxes (shoebox size) full of pictures, sorted by location. (When I say 'full' I mean standing-on-edge, stacked the entire length of the box. Not all of the boxes are that full, but most of them are.)

Michigan

California

Florida

Alabama

Arkansas

Other locations

Unknown location

Wathada's nieces and nephews

Heather and Taylor

5 x 7 pictures

8 x 10 pictures

And a rubbermaid container full of pictures affixed to cardboard (a lot of the old pictures were glued to cardboard -- who knows why?)

*   *   *

I'd like to come up with a clever one-liner to end this post with, but I'm just too tired. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.