Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16

Okay, so... Today I'm just too lazy to do the research to spotlight one person, so I'm gonna list all the people I have pictures of for today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Kevin Mark Siggins 1973

Photo: Katie and Kevin Siggins
Katie and Kevin are the children of Effie Susanna Ford Siggins. The Ford family is related to the Thomas family -- Nancy Ford married my great-grandfather Charles Thomas. This particular branch of the Ford family -- Otho Simeon Ford and his descendents -- migrated from Hartford, Michigan, to Red Lodge, Montana.


MEMORIALS...

ARBIE DELCIE ARNOLD HAYES died 1999 age 85
Photo: Bill and Arbie Hayes
Arbie was a first cousin of my grandmother Cleffie Burford. Arbie's father, George Arnold, was a brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks. The Arnold branch of the family tree was located mostly in and around Cleburne County, Arkansas.


DALLAS MIFTLIN 'DALE' MILLER died 1903 age 51
The Miller family was related to the Ford and Thomas families. Dale Miller married Alice Ford, sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas. Most of the Millers lived and died around South Haven, Van Buren County, Michigan.


MOSES JOSEPH PARKER died 1889 age 78
Moses Joseph Parker was the great-grandfather of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas. The Parker branch of the family tree was located in and around Pike County, Ohio.


OTHO SIMEON FORD died 1980 age 73
Otho Simeon Ford was the grandson of Charles Ford (brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas). Otho married Fiina Herranen and they settled in Red Lodge, Montana, where Otho was a county sheriff. Otho and Fiina were the parents of Effie Susanna Ford, and grandparents of Katie and Kevin Siggins (whose birthday is today). 

Now we've come full circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.