Saturday, August 21, 2021

August 21

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Erwin Leslie Wells 1890-1957

Erwin Wells was the husband of Renue Thomas -- sister of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

Remember the picture that I thought was Aunt Renue, but turns out it might be Ruby Dillman -- no relation to us at all? 

Well, here's a picture that I know is Aunt Renue.

Renue and Erwin were married 22 November 1920.

Photo (L to R): Bill and Christie Thomas, Mel and Alta Thomas, Erwin and Renue Thomas Wells.

Erwin and Renue had one child, Melvin Thomas Wells, who died shortly after his birth on 21 October 1921. They never had any more children. 

On the cover of my book about the Thomas side of the family -- Secret and Resolute -- is a photograph that I believe has Uncle Erwin in it. (I'm not certain, but I think he is the man at top right in the photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.