Thursday, August 12, 2021

August 12

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Marlie Alvin Arnold 1989-1970

Marlie was the brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks. Photo: George, Annie, John, Marlie, Etta -- children of John Henry and Adaline Carter Arnold.

Marlie married Birdie Leona Hays 25 December 1915

Marlie and Birdie had eight children: Sylvia, Eldred, Arbon, Doyle, Lois, Noel, Dorothy Mae, and Hope. 
Photo: Some of Marlie's children with some of Annie's.

I have posted pictures of some of these recently, so today I'm going to do something a little different and post pictures of them when they were older. I met several of Marlie and Birdie's children at the annual Arnold/Carter reunion during the years I lived in Arkansas. 

Arbon and his wife Johnnie 1986

 Noel and his wife Louise 1983


Hope, Dorothy Mae, Sylvia 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.