Wednesday, October 09, 2024

October 9

 Jennie Edith Burford married William Edward 'Will' Searcy 09 October 1909

PHOTO: Jennie Edith Burford


Edith was the daughter of Alexander Oscar Burford, Jr. (my great-grandfather) and his first wife Helen Virginia Lockard. This photo is Alexander and Helen Virginia with their children Raymond, Edith, and Hazel.


The only picture I have of Will Searcy is cropped from a group photo -

Will Searcy

Edith and Will had six children: Laura, Eleanor, Nellie Jane, Bill, Willene, and Jerry.

In the group photo of the men (above) this is Edith and Will's son Bill, holding his son Mike.

I don't know if Jerry is in the group photo or not. I don't have any other pictures of Jerry.

This photo contains Edith and her four daughters.

* * *

Composite - Edith and Will Searcy, 1949

2 comments:

  1. I believe the cropped photo is Jerry, not Will. I don't think Edith's husband Will is in the picture. I have this photo but the caption just says "Raymond's family and friends".
    I don't have a picture of Will Searcy - Edith's husband. Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pictures (which you gave to my mother) were taken in 1949 -- judging from the fact that Mike was a baby, and he was born in 1948. In 1949 Will Searcy would have been 64 years old (born 1885). Jerry was born in 1933, so he would have been 16 years old. Close-up, the man in the hat does not look like a 16-year-old to me.

      Delete

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.