Thursday, October 10, 2024

October 10

 Bernarde Thomas married Eileen Rice 10 October 1948

Bernarde was my dad's brother

* * *

Editha Adeline Lambert Byrne died 10 October 1918, age 76
She was he wife of Charles Hanriford Byrne, Jr. 
Charles was the son of Temperance Gibson
(the Gibsons were related to my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford)

* * *

Frank Witter died 10 October 1965, age 77
PHOTO: Lois Jean and Frank Witter, children of Julia Grace Gibson Witter.
Julia was a sister of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford.

I can't find the reference right now, but I believe our records say that Frank died from a head injury from slipping on ice and falling.

* * *

Lee Burford Hombs was born 10 October 1937 in Arkansas

Lee was the firstborn child of Mel and Juanita Burford Hombs.
He died in infancy from pneumonia.
Juanita was a sister of my grandfather Lester Burford.

* * *

Luttie Thomas Frazee died 10 October 1958, age 76
PHOTO: Luttie (left) and her twin sister Lottie
I don't have a picture of Luttie by herself.
Luttie and Lottie were daughters of William G. Thomas and Nettie Durren Thomas.
William was a brother of my great-grandfather Charles Thomas.

* * *

Raymond Minter Burford was born 10 October 1887

PHOTO: Edith, Hazel, Raymond Burford
Children of Alexander Oscar Burford, Jr. (my great-grandfather) and his first wife Helen Virginia Lockard.

* * *

Susannah Herdman Purtee died 10 October 1919, age 94
PHOTO: Susannah is back left in this picture.
The Herdmans are related to the Treat family by the marriage of Belle Treat to Ulysses Herdman. Even though they are not closely related to us, I ended up with a lot of pictures of various members of the Herdman family.

* * *

Zella Irene Hicks Barnett died 10 October 2002, age 87

Irene was a sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford.
PHOTO: Irene and Cleffie Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.