Sunday, October 06, 2024

October 5

 Lester Burford married Cleffie Hicks 05 October 1935 in Judsonia, Arkansas


Lester and Cleffie were my grandparents. They were the most influential people in my life growing up, except for my parents (and maybe even without that exception).

Lester and Cleffie had four children: Wathada (my mother), Morris, Bob, and Ron.

PHOTO: Lester & Cleffie and Wathada







Lester and Cleffie lived in Watervliet, Michigan, when I was growing up. When they retired they moved to Bald Knob, Arkansas.






The following pictures were taken at Lester and Cleffie's 50th wedding anniversary party at my parent's house in Downey, California, in 1985.

PHOTO: Cleffie, Wathada, Morris, Lester

PHOTO: Cleffie and Lester with some of their grandchildren - Karen, Dianne, John, Leslie

* * *

Lester died in 1990, age 77. Cleffie died in 2004, age 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.