Thursday, October 17, 2024

October 17

Anna Gertrude Gibson married John Samuel Kinney 17 October 1897

This picture is cropped from a large group photo of the Gibson clan. It's the only picture I have of John Samuel Kinney. It also shows Anna and four of the Kinney children, and Anna's father Asa Gibson (my great-great-grandfather).

* * *

Edward Gus Heinze was born 17 October 1947

Ed was the husband of Ruth Till. Ruth was the daughter of Leonard and Madge Treat Till. Madge was the sister of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas.

* * *

John Martin Carter was born 17 October 1877

John was a brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold (mother of Annie Arnold Hicks)

* * *

Ulysses Jimmy Hicks was born 17 October 1944

Jimmy is the son of Elvin and Mildred McKay Hicks.


Elvin was a brother of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford.
PHOTO: My great-grandparents Annie and Ulysses Hicks with their 9 children (L-R) Ruby, Cleffie, Irene, Lowell, Elvin, Olan, Vernell, Evalee, Bernice. 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.