Friday, October 11, 2024

October 11

Charles McMillan Ford married Effie Viola Harvey Conklin 11 October 1893

PHOTO: Charles and Effie Ford with (L-R) Cleo, Otho Simeon, Otho Horace
(Otho Simeon was the son of Otho Horace, and was adopted by Charles and Effie when he was a baby)

Charles was a brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

* * *

Charles Russell Thomas was born 11 October 1905


Russell was the son of Roy and Mabel Thomas.
Roy Thomas was a brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas.
PHOTO: Roy and Mabel with some of their children (I don't know which ones) and a grandchild. They had four children, Russell, Georganna, Helen, and Ruth.
This is the only picture I have of Russell Thomas' wife Marion.

* * *

Hardy Echels Ford was born 11 October 1909

PHOTO: This is the picture that is on his FindAGrave memorial. I don't know why they used a mugshot, but maybe it was the only picture they had of him. I don't know the story behind the mugshot.

He was a grandson of Margaret Carter Rhoades.
Margaret was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

PHOTO: The back of this picture says "Aunt Margaret Rhoades and some of hers" -- I believe these are grandsons. I don't know which of  her many grandsons these are, but the one on the right looks like Hardy Echels to me. He would be the son of Margaret's daughter Rose. I don't have a picture of her.

* * *

Joan Laverne Hicks was born 11 October 1947

Joan was the daughter of Elvin Hicks.
Elvin was a brother of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford.

PHOTO: Elvin and Mildred Hicks with their children Junior, Jeannie, Jimmy, and Joan.

* * *

Joby Kurt Kawaski was born 11 October 1996


Joby is the son of Jennifer Thomas.
PHOTO: Jen Thomas and her sons Joby and J.T.

Jenny is the daughter of Greg Thomas.
Greg is the son of Bernarde (my dad's brother) and Eileen Thomas.
PHOTO: Eileen Thomas with her sons (L-R) Kim, Mick, Greg


PHOTO: Eileen Thomas with grandsons Joby and J.T.

* * *

Johnny Calvin Jackson was born 11 October 1946

Johnny is the son of Calvin Jackson.
PHOTO: Calvin and Jerline Jackson with their children Johnny and Annetta.

Calvin was a son of Ben and Etta Arnold Jackson.
Etta was a sister of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.