Wednesday, October 16, 2024

October 16

Albert S Tamsett died 16 October 1962, age 80

Albert was a brother of Amy and Jessie Tamsett. Their mother Sarah was the midwife who attended the birth of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford in 1917. Jessie married George Arnold (brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks). Amy married John Carter (brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold). 
PHOTO: George and Jessie Tamsett Arnold

PHOTO: John and Amy Tamsett Carter

PHOTO: Sarah Tamsett, mother of Albert, Jessie, and Amy

* * *

Geraldine 'Jerry' Thomas was born 16 October 1928

Jerry is the daughter of Mel and Alta Thomas. 
PHOTO: Mel, Jerry, Alta
Mel was a brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

* * *

Jewell Alma 'Judy' Burford married A.D. White 16 October 1938
Judy was a sister of my grandfather Lester Burford.
PHOTO: Lester (center) with two of his sisters, Judy (left) and Juanita (right)

* * *

Joseph Pinkney Hicks died 16 October 1948, age 77

PHOTO: Hicks brothers Ulys, Felix, Pinkney, David.
"Uncle Pink" (the only thing I ever heard him called) was a brother of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks.

* * *

Obie Geneve Arnold Davidson died 16 October 2000, age 83
PHOTO: Vernie and Obie Arnold Davidson, 1983.
Obie was a daughter of George Arnold and Jessie Tamsett. 
PHOTO: George and Jessie with children Amos, Opie and Obie, Wilma, Arbie

Obie and her twin sister Opie were born one month after my grandmother Cleffie Hicks.
PHOTO: Obie, Opie, Cleffie 1917
PHOTO: Obie, Opie, Cleffie 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.