Thursday, August 08, 2024

August 8

Myrick Henry 'Mike' Hurlbut was born 08 August 1860
Mike Hurlbut was the husband of Etta Thomas.
Etta was a sister of my great-grandfather Charles Thomas.

* * *

Albert Sandridge was born 08 August 1900

Albert was the husband of Martha Rhoades.
Martha was the daughter of Margaret Carter Rhoades.
Margaret was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

* * *

Cleffie Lorene Hicks was born 08 August 1917
Cleffie was my grandmother -- my mother's mother.
She was the third child of my great-grandparents Ulysses and Annie Arnold Hicks.

* * *

Josiah Marion Evans was born 08 August 1858
Joe was the son of Jane Evans Carter.
Jane was the 2nd wife of my great-great-great-grandfather Ned Jonas Carter.
Jane had two children (Joe and Elizabeth Evans) from a previous marriage when she married Ned Jonas. Ned and Jane became the parents of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

* * *

Raymond Othinal Carter married Cora Pearl Thomas 08 August 1925
Othinal was a son of John Martin Carter.
John Carter was a son of Ned Jonas and Jane Evans Carter.

* * *

Elizabeth Ann Johnson married Melvin Eugene Baker 08 August 1953
Melvin was a son of Agnes Carter and Elmer Baker.
Agnes was a daughter of John Martin Carter (sister of Othinal Carter, above)
John was a brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.
PHOTO: Melvin, Harold, and Roy Glen Baker - sons of Elmer and Agnes Carter Baker.
The only picture I have of Melvin is this one from his gravestone.
Elizabeth is not buried with Melvin. After he died she married Ott Garrett. She is not buried with him, either. He is buried with his 2nd wife, Catherine, in a different cemetery. Elizabeth has her own grave in the same cemetery with Melvin -- Pine Grove Cemetery in Floral, Arkansas, where most of our Arnold/Carter relatives are buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.