Saturday, August 03, 2024

August 3

George E Adams was born 03 August 1859

George was the husband of Kate Ford (sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas)

PHOTO L-R: George, Christie and Bill (my grandparents) with Richard (my dad) in front of Bill, Kate in front, Harry Wieland, and ... I don't know who this couple is. The back of the photo says "Mabel and Bill S"

* * *

Jacqueline Lee Provance was born 03 August 1958

Jackie is the daughter of Betty Ruth Barnett and Tommy Provance.
Betty was a daughter of Irene Hicks Barnett (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)
PHOTO: Jackie and her sister Cathy with their grandmother Irene Hicks Barnett

* * *

Ruby Levelle Arnold was born 03 August 1933
Ruby was a daughter of George Ned Arnold (brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks) and his second wife Eula Mae Burnett

* * *

Dawn Echo Barden Jones Thomas was born 03 August 1953

Dawn is the wife of Greg Thomas.
Greg is the son of Bernarde (my dad's brother) and Eileen Thomas

PHOTO: Eileen with her three sons and their wives

* * *

Effie Louise Altom Bullock died 03 August 2011, age 94

I don't think Effie is related to us. The photo on the left was included in our family photos. It was taken by my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks, who was a professional photographer in Judsonia, Arkansas at the time. The picture on the right is from Effie's FindAGrave memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.