Friday, August 23, 2024

August 23

Hazel Opal Herdman married Elbert Lyman Grooms 23 August 1916

The Herdman family is related to the Treat branch of our family tree.

* * *

Myra Jo Burford was born 23 August 1949

Myra is the daughter of Joseph Burford. 
Joseph Burford was the son of Raymond Burford (half-brother of my grandfather Lester Burford)

* * *

Nellie Jane Searcy born 23 August 1915


Nellie Jane was the daughter of Edith Burford (sister of Raymond Burford, half-sister of my grandfather Lester Burford)

* * *

William Ralph Solomon died 23 August 1930, age 25.

I don't have a picture of him. He was the husband of Viola Sandefur Solomon. He died two years after they were married. They had one child, a daughter Nora Ellen. Viola never married again.

Viola was a daughter of Nancy Ellen Hicks (sister of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks)

PHOTO: Viola Solomon and Lester Burford (my grandfather)
Picture was taken in front of Lester and Cleffie's house in Bald Knob, Arkansas, sometime in the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.