Sunday, August 18, 2024

August 18

Beverly Jean Jones married Theodore Louis Radde 18 August 1962

Beverly was the daughter of Evalee Hicks Jones (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)

* * *

Carrie Leeth was born 18 August 1881
PHOTO: Leslie Leeth (I'm pretty sure this is him. There's nothing written on the back of the photo, but it looks like him from another photo...)
Carrie was his 2nd wife, after his first wife died. His first wife was Beckie Parker, sister of my great-grandmother Massie Parker Treat.

I don't have a picture of Carrie

* * *

Cleo William Ford was born 18 August 1894
Cleo was the son of Charles and Effie Ford

PHOTO L-R: Charles, Cleo, Otho Simeon, Otho Horace, Effie (Otho Simeon was the son of Otho Horace)
Charles Ford was a brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas

* * *

Mildred Arnold married James Everett Garrett 18 August 1939
Mildred was a daughter of George Arnold (brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks)
I don't have a picture of Everett Garrett

* * *

Montillion Boston Dunn was born 18 August 1878
PHOTO: John Carter and Boston Dunn
I'm not absolutely certain which is which, but I'm pretty sure Boston is on the right. Here is a picture of the two of them when they were older...
In this photo John is on the right and Boston on the left. Judging from the concave shape of the face and chin, I'm pretty sure it's John on the left in the earlier photo.

Boston Dunn was a son of Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn (sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

* * *

Noma Edra Dye Staggs died 18 August 2019, age 83
Noma was the daughter of Sylvia Arnold and Delbert Dye.
Sylvia was a daughter of Marlie Arnold (brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks)

* * *

Russell Connor Herdman was born 18 August 1904
The Herdman family is related to the Treat branch of our family by the marriage of Belle Treat to Ulysses Grant Herdman. 

* * *

Stephen Ford married Dora Carpenter 18 August 1883
PHOTO: Kate and Stephen Ford
I don't have a picture of Dora.
Kate and Stephen were sister and brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

* * *

Todd Richard Hombs was born 18 August 1962
Jim Hombs is a son of Juanita Burford and Mel Hombs
Juanita was a sister of my grandfather Lester Burford.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.