Thursday, August 15, 2024

August 15

Madge Eleanor Treat was born 15 August 1906

Madge was the sister of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas

* * *

Dale Charles Haigler was born 15 August 1952
Dale is the husband of Cindy Bridges.
Cindy is the daughter of Bernice Hicks Bridges (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)

* * *

Charles Hanriford Byrne, Jr. died 15 August 1915, age 69

Charles was the son of Temperance Gibson and Charles H. Byrne, Sr.

Temperance Gibson was the great-great-aunt of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford.

* * *

Samuel Asa Kinney was born 15 August 1906
Samuel was the son of Anna Gertrude Gibson (sister of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford)

* * *

Edna Elsie Gibson married Eldon Shelton 15 August 1915
Edna was a sister of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford.
I don't have a picture of Eldon Shelton. Family lore has it that he was part of the infamous Shelton Gang, but I have not been able to find any connection between that family and Eldon.

Here is a photo of some of the Gibson siblings mentioned in the posts above --

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.