Tuesday, July 30, 2024

July 30

 Nellie Jane Searcy Spain died 30 July1991

Nellie Jane is 2nd from right in this photo.
The others are Eleanor, Ruby, and Willene (Ruby is the wife of Raymond Burford)

Nellie Jane was the daughter of Edith Burford

Edith was the 2nd child of my great-grandfather Alexander Oscar Burford, Jr. and his first wife Helen Virginia Lockard

PHOTO: Alexander and Helen Virginia with their children Raymond, Edith, and Hazel

Edith married William Edward 'Will' Searcy 

Edith and Will had six children: Laura, Eleanor, Nellie, Bill, Willene, and Jerry

Nellie married Eugene Robert Spain

Nellie and Eugene had two children: John and Richard

I have two group photos that include most of these folks.

I have tagged the pictures with the names, although I'm not entirely certain I've got them all correct.



A big note of thanks to Myra Burford Luker for providing these photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.