Thursday, July 18, 2024

July 18

Dorothy Louise Moore Burford was born 18 July 1921

Dorothy was the wife of Bernice Burford (brother of my grandfather Lester Burford)


Here is an excerpt from my book When We Were Irish:

SPECIAL MENTION 
There is one more Burford relative to whom I want to give special acknowledgement, and that is Dorothy Moore Burford, wife of Bernice Pope Burford. As you may have noticed, she has been an invaluable source of information about the Burford family.  

Wathada’s notes:  
I have decided that Aunt Dorothy can't ever die! She knows everything about the Burford family but doesn't realize it.  When she dies, there won't be anybody else who knows all this stuff.  Jewels of information literally drop out of her mouth and she doesn't even know it...   

Aunt Dorothy cleared that up for me without me even asking about it.  She does that - it just rolls off her tongue...   I wouldn't believe just anybody about that, but my Aunt Dorothy is the one who really told me about that, and I believe every word she says.    

One of the others just sort of hinted at it, but Dorothy tells things plain out and just like they are… Nothing shocks or rattles Dorothy.  She looks life square in the face and just deals with it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.