Monday, July 01, 2024

July 1

Twins Josephus and Wesley Purtee were born 01 July 1848

Their mother Susan was a Herdman... and that's as close as I can come to explaining how they are related to us. The Herdman family was connected to the Treat family by the marriage of Belle Treat to Ulysses Grant Herdman.
*   *   *

Lora Brooke White was born 01 July 1979

Brooke is the daughter of Aaron White (son of Judy Burford and A.D. White)

I got this picture of Brooke (with her daughter) from her Facebook page.
*   *   *

Mary Chlorine Miller was born 01 July 1918
Chlorine was the daughter of Violet Hicks. 
Violet was the daughter of Pinkney Hicks (brother of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks).
*   *   *

Mira Tamsett was born 01 July 1889. She was the wife of Albert Tamsett.

This is a picture of Albert Tamsett. I don't have a picture of Mira.
Albert was a brother of Amy and Jessie Tamsett. Amy married John Carter, and Jessie married George Arnold. Their mother, Sarah, was the midwife who attended the birth of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. So the Tamsett family is intertwined with our family tree in several ways.
*   *   *

Gradie Barnett McKay was born 01 July 1894.

Gradie was the mother of Mildred McKay, who married my great-uncle Elvin Hicks.

PHOTO: Mildred McKay Hicks

I don't have a picture of Gradie.

Gradie's half-brother Arvil Barnett was the husband of my great-aunt (Elvin's sister) Ruby Hicks.

*   *   *

(Is your head spinning yet?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.