Wednesday, May 01, 2024

May 1

Albert Franklin Williams was born 01 May 1876 

Albert was the husband of Charlotte 'Tot' Hicks (sister of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks)
PHOTO: Ulysses and Annie Hicks (my great-grandparents), Tot and Albert Williams

Minnie Magdalene Frances Betts was born 01 May 1898
Sarah Carter Betts was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.


Nancy Ellen Carter married Charles Haigwood 01 May 1934

Ellen was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

PHOTO: Carter sisters - Adaline, Ellen, Paralee

Here is what my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks wrote about her aunt Ellen Carter:

  Ellen married Will Cartee the first time, and raised four children.  One of them was married when Will took up with a woman and left Aunt Ellen and of course, he soon wanted to come back but she wouldn’t have him back.  And she struggled and worked and raised her three children (one of her children had died), and did a fine job of it.  They are all married now* and have nice families.  And she married a man that treats her right.  His name is Charlie Haigwood. 

*[written in 1957] 

I don't have a picture of Charlie Haigwood.


Winfolee Miller married Eugene Jefferson 01 May 1945

Winfolee was a daughter of Violet Hicks and Rom Miller.
I don't have a picture of Violet.
Violet was a daughter of Pinkney Hicks (brother of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks)
PHOTO: Hicks brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.