Friday, December 01, 2023

On This Day in Family History - December 1

Adaline Meachum Harvey was born 01 December 1841

Adaline was the mother of Effie Harvey Ford. Effie was the wife of Charles Ford. Charles was the brother of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas.

John Wesley Stoner was born 01 December 1865

John Wesley Stoner was the husband of Alice Parker. Alice was a sister of my great-grandmother Massie Parker Treat.

Laura Amy Searcy married Everett Clark Bostick 01 December 1929 

I'm honestly not sure which of these men is Everett Bostick. The relative who labeled these photos did not account for everyone in the picture. I can identify "Bill holding Mike" (the baby), and the man in the hat -- who might be Will or Jerry. Between those two are Eugene Spain and Everett Bostick -- but there are 4 heads in that space, so I don't know for sure which is which.

In this picture it seems that Laura is the 3rd from left (of the standing adults). 

That's as close as I can come to identifying Laura Searcy and Everett Bostick. The people in these group photos are all related to the Burford family. Edith Burford was the second child of Alexander Oscar Burford and his first wife Helen Virginia. She married Will Searcy. Laura Amy Searcy is their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.