Saturday, December 30, 2023

On This Day in Family History - December 30

Alford Eli Burns was born 30 December 1822

The Burns branch of the family tree is connected to my great-great-grandmother Malisa Burns Hicks.

Bernice Pope Burford married Maxine Davis 30 December 1933

Bernice was a brother of my grandfather Lester Burford.
I don't have a picture of Bernice's first wife Maxine Davis.

Homer Carl Leeth was born 30 December 1910Photo L-R: Kenneth, Dennis, Carl, and Daisy Leeth 

They were the children of Becky Parker and Leslie Leeth. Becky was the sister of my great-grandmother Massie Parker Treat.


James Henry Ireland died 30 December1912 age 73

He was the husband of Mary Elizabeth Lough, daughter of Prudence Gibson and Peter Lough. The Gibsons are connected to my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford.

Ora Mae Cartee was born 30 December 1934 in Missouri


Ora Mae was the granddaughter of Matilda Carter Cartee.
Matilda was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.


Raymond Minter Burford died 30 December 1958

Photo L-R: Raymond, Juanita Burford Hombs and her son Jim, Ella Irby-Goade, and Florence Burford.

Raymond was a half-brother of my grandfather Lester Burford.


Ulysses Fillmore Hicks was born 30 December 1886 in Tennessee

Ulysses was my great-grandfather -- one of my ancestors that I actually knew in person in my childhood. He was a wise and gentle man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.