Friday, December 29, 2023

On This Day in Family History - December 29

William Calvin Barnett married Alice Eldora Quattlebaum 29 December 1901

I don't have a picture of them, but their offspring became entwined with the Hicks branch of our family tree in several ways.

William Calvin Barnett's first wife was Mattie Oliver. They had 2 children: Nora and Iva. As far as I know we are not related to any of their offspring.

William's 2nd wife was Emma Elizabeth Harrel. They had three children: Gradie, Pearle, and Earl.

Dora Quattlebaum was William Calvin Barnett's third wife. They had ten children: Everett, Vida, Arvil, Emmitt, Beral, Benny, Maudie, Golden ('Doc'), Carvil A, and Dennis.

 My great-grandparents Ulys and Annie Hicks had nine children: Ruby, Irene, Cleffie, Elvin, Evalee, Vernell, Olan, Bernice, and Lowell. Three of them married into the Barnett clan.

Ruby Hicks married Arvil Barnett. 

Irene Hicks married Golden 'Doc' Barnett.

Elvin Hicks married Mildred McKay (daughter of Gradie Barnett McKay)

Photo: Sisters Ruby and Irene Hicks with their husbands, brothers Arvil and Doc Barnett.

Photo: Ruby and Arvil Barnett and Luvena ("Aint Luveenee") who was the wife of Arvil's half-brother Earl Barnett.

Photo: Maudie Barnett Caldwell, sister of Arvil and Doc.

Photo: Cleffie Hicks and Luvena Barnett's daughter Irene.

Back: Luvena Barnett, Wathada Thomas (my mother), Cleffie Hicks Burford, Ruby Hicks Barnett. Front: me, with Ruby's grandchildren Donna and Mike Hawley.

Well, I could go on and on, if I went forward to the next generation or two... or three. 
But I guess I'll stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.