Thursday, December 14, 2023

On This Day in Family History - December 14

Elizabeth Audrey Treat died 14 December 1897, age 1y 9m 2d, from diphtheria

Audrey was the firstborn child of my great-grandparents Marcus and Massie Treat

Henry August Weber died 14 December 1976 age 80

Henry was the husband of Agnes Till. Agnes was a sister of Leonard Till. 

Leonard married Madge Treat, sister of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas.
In this photo, Henry is on the right. On the left is Leonard Till. Agnes is seated. The woman standing behind her is Ruth Weber (sister of Henry?)

Joseph Calvin Dunn was born 14 December 1907 in Missouri

I don't have a picture of Joseph. Joseph's father Bert Sylvester Dunn is on the right in this photo. Bert was a nephew of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

Lee Elvis Garrett was born 14 December 1957

He was the son of William Garrett and Elizabeth A Johnson. 
William Garrett was a brother of Ed and Everett Garrett (see yesterday's post).
Elizabeth Johnson's first husband was Melvin Eugene Baker, son of Agnes Carter
(So... well, somehow or other related to us in more than one way... I can't quite figure it out, either. All I can say for sure is that Elizabeth was first married into the Carter cousins, and then into the Garrett bunch...) 

I gotta quit now. My head is numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.