Tuesday, January 03, 2023

On This Day in Family History - January 3

 

Mabel Gertrude Myers Treat died on January 3, 1987, at age 86.
Mabel was the wife of John Dallas Treat. 
John was a brother to my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas. 
John and Mabel had one child, a son, Jackie Dallas Treat. 

This picture was taken at John and Mabel's 25th wedding anniversary. 
Back: Madge Till, Mabel's father, Leonard Till, Eddie Heinze, Mabel's brother and his wife Myra, Ed Heinze, Ruth Till Heinze holding Rita, Eileen Thomas holding Mick, Bernarde Thomas, Mary and Junior Till holding Doug and Cindy, Marcus Treat. 
Front: Christie Thomas, Massie Treat, Bill Thomas, Mabel and John Treat, Mabel's mother, Richard Thomas (my dad - he was 15 years old)

*   *   *

This is Uncle John giving my brother Rick his first haircut in 1957
That's my dad grinning at him. I love this sweet picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.