Saturday, March 09, 2024

March 9

 Etta Marie Carter was born 09 March 1918 in Banner, Cleburne County, Arkansas


Etta was the daughter of George Thomas Carter. George was a brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.
PHOTO: George Thomas Carter with his wife Laura and children Lena, Frank, and baby Etta

PHOTO: Etta and Lena Carter
This picture was taken in 1983 at the annual Carter/Arnold family reunion

Etta married Daniel Derryberry in 1935. He died in 1993. I don't have a picture of him. I have pictures of one (or two?) of their sons. I don't know which one. They had 10 children, four of whom were boys - Stanley, Danny, James and Joseph. I don't know which one is in these pictures. The pictures were taken at the reunion in 1983 and 1984.
1983

 1984

Etta Carter Derryberry died in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.