Monday, June 19, 2023

On This Day in Family History - June 19

 Maude Cartee Hall died 19 June 1919, age 20 (cause of death: tuberculosis)


Maude was the daughter of Nancy Ellen Carter and Will Cartee
Nancy Ellen Carter was a sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

Here is what my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks wrote:

   Ellen married Will Cartee the first time, and raised four children.  One of them was married when Will took up with a woman and left Aunt Ellen and of course, he soon wanted to come back but she wouldn’t have him back.  And she struggled and worked and raised her three children (one of her children had died), and did a fine job of it.  They are all married now and have nice families.  And she married a man that treats her right.  His name is Charlie Haigwood.  Her oldest girl died at about 25 years with T.B., I believe.  Her name was Maud.  Maud was married before her parents separated.  She had two sisters and one brother - Lillie, Ralph and Dorothy. 

Maude Cartee married Sam Hall. I only have one picture of Sam Hall -- a group photo.

This picture would have been taken in 1915 or 1916. Maude was born in 1899, so she would be 16 or 17 years old in this picture.

I have another picture of Maude with Arthur Ramsey. 
I don't know who Arthur Ramsey was, or whether he was related to us or not. I'm assuming this picture was taken before Maude married Sam Hall. 

I have one other picture of Maude
L-R: Jessie Tamsett Arnold, Maude Cartee, Ettie Arnold, Annie Arnold, Birdie Hays Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.