Saturday, June 10, 2023

On This Day in Family History - June 10

 I really wish I'd had all my wits about me when I first started scanning all the family photos. I didn't think to also scan the back of each picture. So I'm going back and doing that now -- a little at a time. It's amazing what all details I didn't notice back then.

Here's what I found from just one envelope full of pictures:


First off, I found two pictures that had been left in the bottom of the envelope UNNOTICED 6 years ago when I first started my family-photo-wrangling career --
They are small -- photo-booth size. I guess that's why I overlooked them.

Then when I started scanning the backs of the pictures...




ELMER!!!! (Elmer W???)


WILSIE !!!!

A lot of these old pictures were apparently taken out of an old photo album -- the kind with black construction paper pages -- where they had been glued onto the pages. So some of what may have been written on the backs might be covered up now. 

Apparently it was common for people to get their pictures developed as postcards. I have a lot of those among all the pictures from all branches of the family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.