Wednesday, June 14, 2023

On This Day in Family History - June 14

 Earl Dallas Parker married Flossie Annie Scowden 14 June 1926

Photos: Earl D. Parker, Flossie Scowden Parker
(this snapshot is the only picture I have of Aunt Flossie)

Earl Parker was the brother of my great-grandmother Massie Parker Treat. He was a judge. I remember visiting them in Waverly, Ohio, with my Thomas grandparents when I was a child. I remember one time, sitting in lawnchairs in their back yard, Aunt Flossie found a 4-leaf clover. Grandma said Aunt Flossie could always spot a 4-leaf clover, just sitting in her chair, without even trying to really look for them.

*   *   *

Harry Wieland was born 14 June 1881

Harry was married to my great-aunt Effie Thomas, sister of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.