Sunday, March 05, 2023

On This Day in Family History - March 5

 Charles William Thomas was born 05 March 1914

This picture is labeled "Clarence Thomas holding Chuck"
"Chuck" was Charles William Thomas
Clarence Thomas was a brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas

Clarence married Margaret Hughes and they had four children -- Alyce, Hugh, Chuck, and Nancy

Photo: Alyce Thomas with Chuck and Hugh (Chuck is on the left)
Photo: Nancy L. Thomas
*   *   *
Chuck married Johanna (I don't know her maiden name), and they had three children -- Jimmie, Sally, and Jeffrey. Sally died of meningitis in 1938 at age 3 months. Jimmie died in 1941 at age 4. Chuck died in 1978. Johanna died in 1992. Jeffrey died in 1993 at age 40.
*   *   *

I don't have any pictures of Margaret Hughes Thomas, that I know of. I do have quite a few unidentified pictures from the Thomas side of the family. I have wondered if the photo below might be Clarence and Margaret, with Chuck and Nancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.