Friday, March 03, 2023

On This Day in Family History - March 3

 Velma Lee Barnett married Daniel Parker 03 March 1971

Photo: Dan and Velma Lee Parker, daughter Kimberly Bethanne Parker

Velma Lee is the daughter of Irene Hicks and Doc Barnett
Irene was a sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford
Photo: Ruby, Irene, Cleffie
the oldest 3 daughters of Ulysses and Annie Arnold Hicks

Photo: Doc and Irene Barnett with their 4 daughters: (L-R) Velma Lee, Betty Ruth, Bobbie Rene, Melba June (The girls dropped the double names as they grew up, and became Velma, Betty, Bobbie, and June. But when I was growing up I remember all of them being consistently called by first and middle names. Bobbie's real name was Barbara Irene, but she was called by the nickname Bobbie 'Rene.) As far as I know, three of these sisters are still living. Betty Ruth died in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.