Tuesday, March 28, 2023

On This Day in Family History - March 28

I don't have pictures of any of the people who have birthdays or other occasions on this date, so I decided to do something different. This stems from a project I started (and then abandoned) for a birthday present for my mother. Instead of doing what I originally intended with these pictures, I'm going to post them here. These are pictures of paintings by Wathada.
*   *   *
I'm starting with my very favorite of all. This painting is from a photograph of my dad and my son Christopher feeding the seagulls at Santa Barbara, California. The picture was taken in 1983, when Christopher was 3 years old. (In the photograph there were a bunch of condos in the background.)


To go with this one, Mom painted another one of my son Casey. It was also from a photograph taken at Fairhope, Alabama. The photo was taken in 1986, when Casey was 3 years old.

Here are the 2 paintings as I have them displayed in my bedroom.

I have 2 more of Mom's paintings also hanging in my bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.