Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29


Mrs. Erwin Wells
102 Detroit St
Buchanan Mich

postmarked Bangor, Michigan

"Wednesday 13 - 1922  Dear Renue, If Ruthie is better she is quite sick I think we will come Saturday. Don't look too hard for us. The roads are better down this way some. With love to all, Mother"

The recipient, as usual, is Aunt Renue (my grandfather's sister). She married Erwin Wells in 1920, so her last name is not Thomas any more. 'Mother' is Nancy Ford Thomas.
'Ruthie' is probably Ruth Margaret Thomas, the daughter of Renue's older brother Roy. She was born in 1920.

I don't know what month this card was written, but it must have been winter as she talks about the roads being bad. (I looked it up. In 1922 the 13th falling on a Wednesday would have been in either September or December. This card was probably written in December.) It's 50 miles from Bangor to Buchanan on US Hwy 31. I don't know if 31 was even in existence in 1922 or not. 
(Don'tcha just love Google?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.