Friday, October 22, 2021

October 22





"This picture was taken at Galveston TX. We had just come out of the Gulf bathing.

These pictures are not verry good but it will give you some idea how we all look. The children's hair was wet and didn't take good [??]
Maggie"

address:
Mrs Adlin Arnold
Caldren
Ark

postmark:
Allen, Texas
July 22, 1910
2PM
U.S. postage 1 cent

"Adlin" would be my great-great-grandmother Adaline Arnold. She was the mother of Annie Arnold Hicks. (Annie and Ulys would have been newlyweds at the time.) I have no idea who this Maggie is. I can't quite make out the last two words written just above her signature. It is a matter of some speculation about whether or not there is Native American blood in our lineage on Annie's side of the family. I don't even know if these people are related to us or not, but they certainly look to me like they have more than a few drops of Native American blood in them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.