Tuesday, October 26, 2021

October 26



One copy I have of this photo just says "Pretty ladies". Fortunately, someone wrote the names of these pretty ladies on the back of this copy.

Jessie, Maud, Ettie, Annie, Bird

Who are these pretty ladies? Let me see if I can identify them by their relationship to ANNIE, who was my great-grandmother:

JESSIE is Annie's sister-in-law Jessie Tamsett, who married Annie's brother George.  

MAUD is Annie's first cousin Maud Cartee, the daughter of Nancy Ellen Carter. Nancy was a sister to Annie's mother Adaline Carter.

ETTIE is Annie's younger sister Etta Lee Arnold.

ANNIE is my great-grandmother, mother of Cleffie Hicks Burford -- my mother's mother.

BIRD is Annie's sister-in-law Birdie Leona Hayes, who married Annie's brother Marlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.