Sunday, October 17, 2021

October 17




Mr. & Mrs. Erwin Wells
W. Roe St.
Buchanan, Mich
postmarked Midway, GA, Aug 18, P.M. 1944 (postage 1 cent)

Thurs. a.m.
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Wells
We stayed here last night. We had a good time here. Billy woke us all up in the morning.
Love Joanne.

I don't know who Joanne is, nor who Billy is. Mr & Mrs Wells would be my dad's Aunt Renue and Uncle Erwin (Renue was my grandfather's sister).

The postcard shows a hotel in either South Carolina or Kentucky, but the postmark was in Georgia, so I guess they were 'on the road' when it was mailed.

It's interesting to me that people were traveling during the war years when tires and cars and gasoline were being rationed. I wasn't alive then, so I don't know how it really was, but I've heard folks talk about it a lot when I was growing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.