Friday, October 01, 2021

October 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...

Thelma Laberta Thomas Treichel 1900-1962


I don't have a picture of Thelma. I'm posting a picture of her gravestone because I only just recently discovered that she and her sister Etta are buried with their spouses in Crystal Springs Cemetery in Benton Harbor (Michigan), not in any of the cemeteries where most of the other Thomas family members are buried. In this photo you can see the Sheler gravestone behind Thelma's. Etta Sheler was Thelma's sister.
Photos: Jeanette Durren and William George Thomas

Thelma Thomas was the daughter of William George Thomas and Jeanette "Nettie" Durren. (William was a barber in Watervliet for many years.) Their other children were Don, twins Lottie and Luttie, Etta, and Ralph Thomas. The only ones I have pictures of are Lottie and Luttie.

William George Thomas was a brother to my great-grandfather Charles Thomas. So Thelma would be my 1st cousin twice removed. (She and my grandfather were 1st cousins.)
Thanks to my handy-dandy Cousin Explainer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.