Monday, October 25, 2021

October 25


Fast-forward to 1965. This postcard shows Hartford, Michigan (my hometown). The card is postmarked from Hartford. It's hard to read -- and the stamp seems to have gone missing -- but I noticed the postmark contains the zip code 49057. That would have been a brand new feature at the time!

Christie Thomas was my grandmother. She belonged to a ladies' club. I remember going with her to club meetings many times as a child. They played cards, mostly. They also played a dice game called Bunco sometimes. (Or the Bunco club might have been a different group of ladies.)




I wish I could remember their names and match the names to the faces. The only names I can recall are Hazel Kelso and Edith Davis. Edith Davis was a piano teacher, and the mother of author Roy ('Bud') Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.